Old December 27th 05, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie

Default Physically short multi band HF antennas

In article , "SWArmory"
wrote:

I am looking for information on construction a small (physically) multi band
HF beam/yagi type antenna. Any input is welcomed

ED-

Back in the 80s a popular small antenna was the "Mini Beam". A friend had
one and was happy with the way it worked. However, it was quite fragile,
and the small rods in the capacity hats would frequently break.

I did a Google search for minibeam and found several different products
currently for sale. I also came across a do-it-yourself mini beam at
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/ve.../minibeam.html. It is a
single-band antenna using mobile whips, but may give you some ideas.

73, Fred, K4DII