Old December 26th 05, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
SWArmory

Default Physically short multi band HF antennas

I am looking for information on construction a small (physically) multi band
HF beam/yagi type antenna. Any input is welcomed

Thanks

ED
KA4LQI

Old December 26th 05, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kd5sak

"SWArmory" wrote in message
. ..
I am looking for information on construction a small (physically) multi
band
HF beam/yagi type antenna. Any input is welcomed

Thanks

ED
KA4LQI

You might want to look into a multiband Hexbeam. A 10, 15 and 20 meter
multiband Hexbeam would weigh in at under 15-20 pounds and less than 20 feet
in diameter. Optimum height is 30 feet and a medium size TV rotor will
handle one. Spiderbeams are similar but a little larger spacewise.

Harold
KD5SAK

Old December 27th 05, 10:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
F4DRH

Hi ED,

An old-ages HF multi-band antenna called Maria Maluca was made of two
elements (7.65 m / 5.05 m / boom length = 1.72 m) feeded by a twin lead. It
is a compromise between size en performances.

That antenna was used by south-american stations (that's where the name
comes from). Of course, operation was better in hupper HF bands (some says
that 80 m operation was possible!!!).

If someone is interested I can scan the description I have (in a french ...
but I can translate it)

Best regards

Jean-Marc
F4DRH
www.barbaxoops.com

Old December 27th 05, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
F4DRH

... more information here ... : www.barbaxoops.com
I have added an article on the Maria Maluca antenne.

Old December 27th 05, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie

In article , "SWArmory"
wrote:

I am looking for information on construction a small (physically) multi band
HF beam/yagi type antenna. Any input is welcomed

ED-

Back in the 80s a popular small antenna was the "Mini Beam". A friend had
one and was happy with the way it worked. However, it was quite fragile,
and the small rods in the capacity hats would frequently break.

I did a Google search for minibeam and found several different products
currently for sale. I also came across a do-it-yourself mini beam at
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/ve.../minibeam.html. It is a
single-band antenna using mobile whips, but may give you some ideas.

73, Fred, K4DII