Old December 27th 05, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Rob

Default Scanners / scanning in Canada

Hello all.

I've just moved from the UK to Canada, and could use some advice!

1st...how can I get hold of a trunking scanner for a good price (like
radio-shack prices, since there is no radio shack in Canada anymore!)?

2nd...What is the new trunking system that is coming in 2006? Will
that affect the trunking system in Canada as well? I believe they use
the GE Ericsson system in Edmonton.

3rd...any good frequency resources for the Edmonton area?

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated!
Rob