Old December 27th 05, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Rob

Default Scanners / scanning in Canada

Hello all.

I've just moved from the UK to Canada, and could use some advice!

1st...how can I get hold of a trunking scanner for a good price (like
radio-shack prices, since there is no radio shack in Canada anymore!)?

2nd...What is the new trunking system that is coming in 2006? Will
that affect the trunking system in Canada as well? I believe they use
the GE Ericsson system in Edmonton.

3rd...any good frequency resources for the Edmonton area?

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated!
Rob

Old December 28th 05, 11:08 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Ebay is a good place to start. You could also try
http://www.universal-radio.com but they can be a bit pricey. Can't help
you on Freq. stuff as I am in the US.

Regards,

Norm

Old December 28th 05, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dave Holford

Rob wrote:

Hello all.

I've just moved from the UK to Canada, and could use some advice!

1st...how can I get hold of a trunking scanner for a good price (like
radio-shack prices, since there is no radio shack in Canada anymore!)?

2nd...What is the new trunking system that is coming in 2006? Will
that affect the trunking system in Canada as well? I believe they use
the GE Ericsson system in Edmonton.

3rd...any good frequency resources for the Edmonton area?

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated!
Rob

Depends where you are - you might try to locate a NEW Canadian Radio Shack
Store.

But you can purchase trunking scanners at various Canadian stores;
Radioworld, Durham, Elkel etc. all ship nationwide. Some of them also sell
digital scanners, subject to some restrictions.

Dave

Old December 28th 05, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Rob

But you can purchase trunking scanners at various Canadian stores;
Radioworld, Durham, Elkel etc. all ship nationwide. Some of them also sell
digital scanners, subject to some restrictions.

Dave

I've had a look at some of those guys, but their prices are much higher
than stores in the US. I have managed to find some of what I'm looking
for on eBay though.

So anyone here got some good frequencies for me as I await the arrival
of my new radio?

Thanks,
Rob