Old January 2nd 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge

Default Ideas for Inside 144/440 Mhz antenna

Gary KW4Z wrote in
:

I am not looking to punch any holes in the walls or ceiling to get a
coax from an outdoor 144/440 Mhz antenna. I'm setting up a mobile rig
powered off an Astron Power Supply in order to allow my wife to
communicate on some of the local repeaters so she can talk to and
follow me into work.

The antenna can be simple as something that has a magnetic mount that
sets on top of the power supply or something that might present some
measure of gain. If any of you have eny experience with either
building antennas or have one you purchased that you really like I
would love to know what it is and consider it to fit my needs.

I run my T90A handheld into a Larsen dual-band mag-mount on top of my
stereo. It works well for me, but I wouldn't recommend running anything
more powerful using the stereo cabinet for a ground. As it is, I'm
getting faint thumps when I key up. But a refrigerator or other
appliance with a large size or even a set of 19" radials on the floor
would work pretty well as long as you had enough metal to put the mag-
mount on.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667