Old January 5th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Default RARE admission by Radio Mart L@@K

Just how high is that horse of yours?

I am neither a dealer or a hamfest tire kicker. I am a collector of
sorts. And as a result, I was suckered in by an older Yeasu FT-401
transceiver, "Mint, Restored. I have gone thru this rig and replaced
all tubes that needed to replaced, and fitted a new T/R relay."

What I got was a filthy rig in better than average condition, but not
mint. The CW filter is non-functioning, the finals were flat(his "new
"tubes gave me 10w out on 80m), and the T/R relay is original, not a
NOS replacement as he claimed. A bad solder joint in the mixer stage
rendered it inoperable until I corrected it.

If you don't think Martin threatens negative feedback, look at his
recent feedback to see how many negatives are posted as neutral, or
even positve feedbacks. I'm on his "blocked bidders list" because I
posted my complaints as negatives, and I can live with that. Ebay would
be a safer place if everyone posted negatives that were deserved.