Old January 1st 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
boners

Default RARE admission by Radio Mart L@@K

There is no scam. Radio Mart is a legetimate e-Bay reseller
of refurbished ham radio equipment and accessories. There is
no difference between how Radio Mart does business and
other retailers like HRO, AES and others.

The problem here lies with a few usenet knuckleheads and cheap *******
hams who pontificate about all so much 'sour grapes' over them.
(most or all of em' being ex-hamfest dealers who just don't like e-Bay!)

Something, in perspective, so common of the minority of cheap
ham radio op's we all used to see at the hamfests years ago.
The hams that used to walking around in dirty 10 year old clothes who
never had a good word for anything or anybody so they cast
their bile on that which they could or would not simply walk away from
because the radio on the table was "too expensive" for them. In short
it's cheap-assed cranky old men who act like spoiled 8-year-olds.

If they don't like Radio-Mart you'd think they'd just go buy new
stuff at HRO and AES. R-M has to be doing something right as
it appears each and every auction they put up ends with someone
bidding on something. I say more power to them, and if someone don't
like how they do business, they can go down the street to the next corner
Deli on the block and get a pastrami-on-rye from them instead.

"Lenny" wrote in message
. ..
So, what exactly is the Radio Mart scam?
Lenny

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
BDK - you must be new here. (Welcome).

The Radio-Mart scam is well-known to most regulars of this newsgroup.
Most of us have him filtered out of our eBay searches.

"BDK" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...
"This receiver has not been recently or completely restored by By

CHUCK
RIPPLE, and $900 plus has not been spent restoring it."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collins-R-390A-N...-Supply_W0QQit
emZ5845509014QQcategoryZ4673QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmm, 97.3% favorable feedback on 3600 transactions...

What exactly is your problem with him?

The real story...please.

BDK

Old January 1st 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Radio-Mart(RM) is a deceptive seller that has cause more than a few
buyers to get negative feedback. I like how the R390A he sells is
Collins "designed", which is not the same as Collins built.

If Radio-Mart(RM) was an honest broker, then there would be no need for
the private sales.

I often see items for sale from Radio-Mart(RM) that I want, but I won't
buy from Mr. Red Velvet. Just wait a bit longer and a better deal will
show up on ebay. There is no need to deal with Radio-Mart(RM).

boners wrote:
[...]

. ..

Old January 1st 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
basfm6

The "private" sales stem from many folks here contacting his bidders warning
them about his supposed questionable character. One or two folks here found
his online auctions and started calling him a crook, then many more folks
who have never had a single dealing with him joined the bandwagon.
Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than the normal used gear
seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as well. Millions of
salespeople use these tactics all day long. If true problems develop Ebay
will pull his registered status or kick him off, but he's far from being
that bad. The situation concerns him, his buyers, and Ebay... everyone else
is either jealous, enjoys causing trouble, or can't afford his stuff. If you
don't like his practices, then don't bid.

oups.com...

Old January 1st 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
"basfm6" wrote:

The "private" sales stem from many folks here contacting his bidders
warning them about his supposed questionable character. One or two
folks here found his online auctions and started calling him a crook,
then many more folks who have never had a single dealing with him
joined the bandwagon. Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than
the normal used gear seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as
well. Millions of salespeople use these tactics all day long. If true
problems develop Ebay will pull his registered status or kick him
off, but he's far from being that bad. The situation concerns him,
his buyers, and Ebay... everyone else is either jealous, enjoys
causing trouble, or can't afford his stuff. If you don't like his
practices, then don't bid.

wrote in message
oups.com...

If Radio-Mart(RM) was an honest broker, then there would be no need
for the private sales.

"Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than the normal used gear
seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as well. Millions of
salespeople use these tactics all day long."

Nice justification. I'll be sure to ignore your advice in the future.

Radio-Mart is into buying radios on Ebay and then turning around and
selling them on Ebay for a higher price and pocketing the difference.
It makes perfict sense to look for radios that are undervalued and then
resell them. I and most other people have no problem with that. The
problem is he does not tell the truth about where he got the radios and
the condition of the radios. I don't understand why he is compelled to
do tell stories about the radios he sells but it does not generally
cross the line into outright fraud and treads around in a grey area so
he will continue to be controversial topic in the news group. Going
"private" will further take his sales into the grey area and apparently
that and the story telling are risks he is willing to take. Buyer
beware.

I have not contacted nor am I aware of anyone else who has contacted
bidders about Radio Mart auctions. They may have read about him on
Usenet, which would eliminate any reason to contact them.

I don't care one way or the other about Radio Mart but people that buy
from him should be informed about the way he conducts his business.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 1st 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
Chas

Yeah, right! I've been ripped off by that ******* too(along with
numerous others). Claimed the radio was near perfect, found it had been
repainted (not discernable from poor photo) and it smoked after I got it out
of the box. Lets not forget the Shill Bidding he does from his gottahaveit
account!!!!!!! Don't try to defend him, he keeps getting the same negatives
after all these years which shows us, he's still playing the same games with
some defective gear and covering himself with the "Private Sales".

"basfm6" wrote in message
The "private" sales stem from many folks here contacting his bidders
warning them about his supposed questionable character. One or two folks
here found his online auctions and started calling him a crook, then many
more folks who have never had a single dealing with him joined the
bandwagon. Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than the normal used
gear seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as well. Millions of
salespeople use these tactics all day long. If true problems develop Ebay
will pull his registered status or kick him off, but he's far from being
that bad. The situation concerns him, his buyers, and Ebay... everyone
else is either jealous, enjoys causing trouble, or can't afford his stuff.
If you don't like his practices, then don't bid.

oups.com...

Old January 2nd 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Trust me, I don't bid on Radio-Mart (RM) gear. Long before I knew he
was a crook, I saw a radio he had for sale that I wanted to bid. The
private sales turned me off. My thought was what does this asshole have
to hide? The private sales are the perfect way to do shilling.

basfm6 wrote:
The "private" sales stem from many folks here contacting his bidders warning
them about his supposed questionable character. One or two folks here found
his online auctions and started calling him a crook, then many more folks
who have never had a single dealing with him joined the bandwagon.
Radio-Mart isn't doing anything different than the normal used gear
seller... he just doesn't hide his practices as well. Millions of
salespeople use these tactics all day long. If true problems develop Ebay
will pull his registered status or kick him off, but he's far from being
that bad. The situation concerns him, his buyers, and Ebay... everyone else
is either jealous, enjoys causing trouble, or can't afford his stuff. If you
don't like his practices, then don't bid.

oups.com...

Old January 5th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave

Just how high is that horse of yours?

I am neither a dealer or a hamfest tire kicker. I am a collector of
sorts. And as a result, I was suckered in by an older Yeasu FT-401
transceiver, "Mint, Restored. I have gone thru this rig and replaced
all tubes that needed to replaced, and fitted a new T/R relay."

What I got was a filthy rig in better than average condition, but not
mint. The CW filter is non-functioning, the finals were flat(his "new
"tubes gave me 10w out on 80m), and the T/R relay is original, not a
NOS replacement as he claimed. A bad solder joint in the mixer stage
rendered it inoperable until I corrected it.

If you don't think Martin threatens negative feedback, look at his
recent feedback to see how many negatives are posted as neutral, or
even positve feedbacks. I'm on his "blocked bidders list" because I
posted my complaints as negatives, and I can live with that. Ebay would
be a safer place if everyone posted negatives that were deserved.

Old January 5th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave
CaptAmerica

Well it's damn funny that the only post you've ever made to usenet
under
this anonymous sig is to support Radio-Mart. Nice try Martin!