Old January 13th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf
Doug Adair

Default Ham Radio, How I got caught

"Phil Harmonic" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

Howard Johnson Jr wrote:
I've been a ham radio operator for over 29 years and never once took a
test
for a license. Always used a phony call and nobody ever suspected me
until
internet came along. Last week I received letter in the mail from the
FCC.
I'm being fined $5000 for transmitting without a license over a period
of 3
years. Don't think you can't get caught, I sure did. When they (FCC)
came to
my house, my mother let them in and took them to my bedroom. I was at
Starbucks having coffee when it happened. They took all my radio
equipment
and also found my stash of pot but did not take it or notify the local
Police thank god. My mother told them the pot was for my arthritis and
they
believed her. That's what I had told my mother when I started smoking it
in
my room. She thought I was burning leaves until I told her it was
medicine.

Anyway, the bottom line is this, the government doesn't go by the rules,
they will do anything they want and if the agent doesn't like you, you
are
in deep trouble to say the least.

Howard M Johnson

Not to mention soon being deprived of your SBC accout because of AUP
violations.

What is a AUP violation? Is that code violation regarding misuse of the
George Noory secret handshake?

Don't sweat it I made the rain report for jamming a repeater and I couldn't
care less!