Old January 14th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

Default Broadcast Jamming Continues in Post Cold-War World

"Giacomo Casanova" wrote
What is it that our country is so frightened that we may hear that
they have to resort to jamming?

Don't they think we have enough intelligence to decide for ourselves
whether something being said is accurate, or not?

One can find correct answers to just about any question imaginable in
a few minutes, just by using Google.

Google along with many many other internet sites are routinely blocked in
dictatorial regimes such as Communist China.
This "blocking" will be spreading and getting much worse soon.

I don't jam out neighbors when they are talking to me. I listen
carefully, and if what they are saying makes sense, I may adjust my
lifestyle accordingly.

But if you don't have freedom of access to information you may just be
digesting more propaganda with a different color.

If I believe that it doesn't then I avoid them altogether if I can.
However, I don't stand right in their face and try to drown them out
with my volume as they speak; which is basically what jammers of all
countries do.

Communist China also jams by simply transmitting traditional Chinese
orchestral music on the same frequency.