Old January 19th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Policy Issue: Canadian Amateurs to Lose 220-222 MHz

From: Leo on Jan 18, 2:53 pm

On 17 Jan 2006 06:49:27 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

snip
...At the end of the day, I am glad I work in a US ER.

....so are we!

Heh heh heh...I wish we (down here south of you) could say
the same. :-)

So...Leo, what's the word from Canadian amateur radio on
the IC reallocation of "220?"

[not that it matters directly to me, but such an actual
subject of discussion would be preferable to the sniping and
general name-calling on personalities in here...where
every day is Boxing Day...in the literal sense of the word]

By the way, a good example of "220" in operation is the
Condor Net covering most of the length of California and
reaching into states of Nevada and Arizona. Over two
decades of operation and begun before repeater micro-
processor control was the common thing in repeater control.