Old January 21st 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default ATTN: CB'ers w/Kenwood, Yaesu - type radios

Darkington 'Starsky' Starr wrote:

Calling all CB'ers that have Ham transceivers!

I just found out that there are some "new" Freeband frequencies. You
will see them in my sig. There are guys on them now that use them
when the skip goes out on 11 meters, and to contact friends from 11
meters worldwide!

You will need to put up an antenna for them, the simplest being a
dipole. Just Google "dipole" and I'm sure you will easily find
instructions on how to make one. Basically a dipole is two pieces of
wire cut to a certain length for each band. One of the wires connects
to the center conductor of your coax, and the other one to the shield.
The center is where the coax connects and the antenna wires go out
from there to connect to one side of an insulator that's roped to a
support, like a house, tree, tower, 10' 2 x 4 stuck in the ground 2
feet, etc.

Hope to see you on the Shortwave Freebands! This is becoming LOTS of
fun! (These have long been used by CB'ers in Europe and are called
the "Charlie Oscar" frequencies, from what I understand.)

Thirds,

Starsky -- I go by "Dark Star Radio 73"... and I'm back quiet...

Listening U.S.A. daytime: 13.555 MHz USB
Listening U.S.A. evenings & nights: 6.670 MHz LSB
Listening U.S.A. late nights: 3.475 MHz LSB
All above monitoring subject to propagation variations.
(And when I'm not elsewhere in the HF spectrum doing
other things. .... .. )

Thank god most freebanders like dr. douche are too stupid to build a dipole.