Old January 22nd 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Questions - perhaps stupid ones - regarding Polyphaser Protectors

I think you're better off starting on the right foot and then
expanding as you go along. Start with a Polyphaser and a good ground
line. Then add the rest as you go.

Okay, so I was looking at the ICE model 300/U at
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Produc.../impulse1.html.

There, it is stated that the device "may be mounted on flat surfaces,
grounding bulkheads, or through-mounted using dual stainless steel
grounding screws for mechanical fastening."

So, in the last specified installation method -- "through-mount[ing]"
w/the grounding screws -- are we basically talking about the same sorta
installation as we would do with a Zap Trapper or Transitrap (i.e.
connecting the grounding wire to the device at the grounding screws)?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; would just like to confirm whether
I've got this right or not, since I'd rather not purchase something
that my present listening location would prevent me from being able to
appropriately install.

Thanks again,

Junius