Old May 24th 04, 11:49 AM
Gary P. Fiber

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:38:40 -0400, "Rob" wrote:

I recently obtained a TEKK KS-960 Transceiver for 70 cm 9600 baud packet. I
need to change the crystals so that it will operate on a different
frequency. It doesn't look like TEKK is still making these radios.

Even though the radio came with the service manual, I do not see any specs
on the crystals.

Does anyone know the type of crystals involved for the TEKK KS-960 radio and
how I can calculate the frequency for the XMIT and RCVE crystals?

Around here folks are using 433.100+. I do not know why there are using a
split frequency. You can have different XMIT and RCVE frequencies in the
KS-960 but it is not designed for full duplex.

73's
Rob

International Crystal should be able to make the crystals for you.

Likely using split frequencies for a digital repeater. We have 4 of
them in the Pacfic Northwest, 3 operational on UHF, the one on VHF we
lost the repeater council coordination so it is sitting idle.

Our repeater council expires corrdinations after 5 years, repeater on
the air or not if not renewed for a fee.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991