Old May 23rd 04, 05:38 PM
Rob

Default Crystals for TEKK KS-960 Transceiver

I recently obtained a TEKK KS-960 Transceiver for 70 cm 9600 baud packet. I
need to change the crystals so that it will operate on a different
frequency. It doesn't look like TEKK is still making these radios.

Even though the radio came with the service manual, I do not see any specs
on the crystals.

Does anyone know the type of crystals involved for the TEKK KS-960 radio and
how I can calculate the frequency for the XMIT and RCVE crystals?

Around here folks are using 433.100+. I do not know why there are using a
split frequency. You can have different XMIT and RCVE frequencies in the
KS-960 but it is not designed for full duplex.

73's
Rob

Old May 24th 04, 11:49 AM
Gary P. Fiber

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:38:40 -0400, "Rob" wrote:

I recently obtained a TEKK KS-960 Transceiver for 70 cm 9600 baud packet. I
need to change the crystals so that it will operate on a different
frequency. It doesn't look like TEKK is still making these radios.

Even though the radio came with the service manual, I do not see any specs
on the crystals.

Does anyone know the type of crystals involved for the TEKK KS-960 radio and
how I can calculate the frequency for the XMIT and RCVE crystals?

Around here folks are using 433.100+. I do not know why there are using a
split frequency. You can have different XMIT and RCVE frequencies in the
KS-960 but it is not designed for full duplex.

73's
Rob

International Crystal should be able to make the crystals for you.

Likely using split frequencies for a digital repeater. We have 4 of
them in the Pacfic Northwest, 3 operational on UHF, the one on VHF we
lost the repeater council coordination so it is sitting idle.

Our repeater council expires corrdinations after 5 years, repeater on
the air or not if not renewed for a fee.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991

Old May 24th 04, 02:35 PM
Rob

Gary P. Fiber wrote:
International Crystal should be able to make the crystals for you.

Likely using split frequencies for a digital repeater. We have 4 of
them in the Pacfic Northwest, 3 operational on UHF, the one on VHF we
lost the repeater council coordination so it is sitting idle.

Our repeater council expires corrdinations after 5 years, repeater on
the air or not if not renewed for a fee.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991

Thanks Gary. I will contact JAN crystals and see if they know the type of
crystals and
frequency needed for the TEKK KS-960 transceiver.

Yes, I suspect 433.100+ Mhz is for some sort of repeater. But I don't know
whether it is still
around. I am still trying to find out whether there is any 70 cm packet
activity left here
in Ottawa, Canada.

Since I have two of these TEKK radios. (I got two for the price of one). I
may be the only one on 9600 baud packet. hi

If my suspicion is correct and there is no digital repeater on 433.100+ Mhz,
I am probably better off getting crystals for simplex operation.

Do you know what are the more popular frequencies on 70 cm for simplex 9600
baud packet?

Rob

Old May 25th 04, 12:04 PM
Gary P. Fiber

On Mon, 24 May 2004 09:35:06 -0400, "Rob" wrote:

Gary P. Fiber wrote:
[...]

No I am sorry I don't know of popular simplex 9600 frequencies. All of
my 9600 operation is through a digital repeater here. Make sure you
set the deviation for no more that 3 KHz.

Old May 25th 04, 12:04 PM
Gary P. Fiber

Gary P. Fiber wrote:
[...]

FS: Ten Tec Argosy, HP Oscillator, Crystals and Misc. Dave Hollander Boatanchors 0 October 10th 04 09:59 PM
FS: Ten-Tec Omni V Model 546 Series C Transceiver and Ten-Tec Model 255Power Supply.. Dave Hollander Boatanchors 1 February 27th 04 09:24 PM
FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 0 October 17th 03 02:03 PM
FS: Drake ML-2 Marker Luxury 2 Meter Transceiver (Tube Final) Dave Hollander Boatanchors 2 October 10th 03 10:13 PM
FS: Drake ML-2 Marker Luxury 2 Meter Transceiver (Tube Final) Dave Hollander Boatanchors 0 October 10th 03 02:20 PM