Old January 25th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SeeingEyeDog

Default Lightning rod as antenna

"hawgdawg" wrote

Question is, can this array of wiring be used as a shortwave antenna?

Definately NOT!

(the radio is the next project to figure out which one to get).

Location is as important as the antenna. It sounds like you have a
listeners dream location.
It is likely that just about any decent antenna connected to any decent
radio will bring you
more signals than you will know what to listen to.

If I were you I would first decide how much you wish to spend on a "decent"
radio.
Do you want a portable or desktop radio? That will define the next steps to
take.

My favorite and arguably the best portable is the Sony ICF-SW7600GR ($140).
Probably the best semi-portable or "desktop" currently in production is the
new Eton E1 ($500).