Old January 28th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Paul Keinanen

Default Emtech???

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:22:13 GMT, "Mike Young"
wrote:

"Highland Ham" wrote in message
I got an Emtech antenna tuner kit for Christmas, but it's the BNC
version and my shack is normal SO whatevers.

=====================================
What's the problem ; just get a BNC to SO 239 adaptor or make a short lead
with the appropriate connectors.

The problem is a couple of dB of loss on each side. Not everyone cares.

Connector losses are a serious issue in the GHz region, but since the
OP is talking about an antenna tuner, it appears that the usage is for
HF, this is not really an issue.

Extra connectors are a reliability issue on the long run, so replacing
the connectors on the tuner is a good idea if a thick coaxial cable is
to be used. For RG-58 the BNC is quite adequate.

Paul OH3LWR