Old January 28th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim

Default killer bee linear

the button marked "pre amp" should engage the several db receive boost
amp. (i think its the white one) if it doesnt boost then the transistor
is burned. (they pop at any provocation! like, for instance engaging the
pre amp within visual distance of someone else using another linear amp)
its an easy fix. its just one small transistor. trace it down and
replace it. i was playing with one of those amps for a while. i burned
up an expensive antenna, got the crap shocked out of me and suffered
several rf burns before the local kids broke into my car and relieved me
of it. it seemed useless for cb use. when you consider the trouble
involved verses the small benefit you get, it just wasnt worth the
trouble. a longer (more efficient) antenna and good use of a swr meter
will give a more satisfactory boost in most cases