Old January 26th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
KB2SMS

Default killer bee linear

can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee cb
linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg

Old January 27th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

KB2SMS wrote:
can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee cb
linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg

Is it legal to use linears on CB?

--
Brian Denley

Old January 27th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article , "KB2SMS"
wrote:

can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee cb
linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg

Nice fuzzy picture.

What is it, a high pot tester?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 27th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
KB2SMS

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
. ..
KB2SMS wrote:
can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee cb
linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg

Is it legal to use linears on CB?

Only if you get caught! hahahahaha
--
Brian Denley

Old January 28th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Denley

KB2SMS wrote:
can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee
cb linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg

Is it legal to use linears on CB?

Only if you get caught! hahahahaha
--
Brian Denley

I love these hams - they insist you learn morse code but the rules don't
seem to apply to them.

--
Brian Denley

Old January 28th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

KB2SMS wrote:
can anyone tell me how to get the pre amp to work on my killer bee
cb linear? hears a piktu

http://aerorfi.org/image_upload/DSC00005.jpg
Is it legal to use linears on CB?

Only if you get caught! hahahahaha
--
Brian Denley

I love these hams - they insist you learn morse code but the rules don't
seem to apply to them.

The grammar stinks too. How can it be LEGAL only if you're caught? He
meant to say that it's only *illegal* if you're caught.

mike
Old January 28th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim

the button marked "pre amp" should engage the several db receive boost
amp. (i think its the white one) if it doesnt boost then the transistor
is burned. (they pop at any provocation! like, for instance engaging the
pre amp within visual distance of someone else using another linear amp)
its an easy fix. its just one small transistor. trace it down and
replace it. i was playing with one of those amps for a while. i burned
up an expensive antenna, got the crap shocked out of me and suffered
several rf burns before the local kids broke into my car and relieved me
of it. it seemed useless for cb use. when you consider the trouble
involved verses the small benefit you get, it just wasnt worth the
trouble. a longer (more efficient) antenna and good use of a swr meter
will give a more satisfactory boost in most cases