Old January 29th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mike Young

Default Emtech???

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message

"Mike Young" wrote in message
om...
"Highland Ham" wrote in message
I got an Emtech antenna tuner kit for Christmas, but it's the BNC
version and my shack is normal SO whatevers.
What's the problem ; just get a BNC to SO 239 adaptor or make a short
lead with the appropriate connectors.

The problem is a couple of dB of loss on each side. Not everyone cares.

I would be very interested in the measurements or documentation to support
the statement that the UHF--BNC adapter caues a couple of dB loss

I have none. Just the shopkeeper who sold me my first rig said so. I'm sure
I can rig up some old crusty adapters to do so. All the same, I would
want to keep the adapters out for other reasons.