Old October 13th 04, 08:30 PM
Bruce Gordon

In article , "dw" wrote:

I'm trying to get two basic stamps (or one stamp and a computer) to
communicate via amateur radio. The stamp and the computer/other stamp will
be about 10 miles apart. I want to use a basic stamp as a security device
that will send data when told to do so by the other device. Can anyone
point me in the right direction? I can explain further if needed. Thanks!

dw

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Get a couple of TNC-2's, one for each end and run them in Transparent
Mode. Then connect the two Basic Stamps to the RS232 Ports on each
TNC-2. What that gives you is a Bidirectional Serial Link between
the two Basic Stamps.

Bruce in alaska

--
Bruce (semiretired powderman & exFCC Field Inspector for Southeastern Alaska)
add a 2 before @