Old November 22nd 04, 02:55 AM
John McHarry

Charles Brabham wrote:

APRS was developed as a packet radio "killer application" by folks
associated with TAPR in the US.

The idea is to kill any interest in packet by eliminating its most
interesting and useful features, substituting a pointless
internet-dependent activity sure to put just about anyone to sleep....

I don't see why one person's dislike for a particular use of a couple
frequencies should be grounds for such an attack. Hams do lots of different
things, which is one of the attractions of the hobby. I have no real
interest in APRS, but if others find it amusing to hook three or more
different kinds of technology together to do something, why not? It is no
more pointless than DX or moonbounce or QRP or dozens of other ham
activities. If some people are having fun and learning a few things, more
power to them, except the QRP crowd, of of course. N5PVL needs to get
himself a hobby.

John, WA9FCH