Old January 31st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Default naming names - DX lids

OK, there hasn't been much posted here lately that's actually about DX,
so here goes...

Just worked 6O0N on 20 meters CW. The QSO would have happened much
faster if not for some of the stations listed below:

6O0N: KN5??
Callers: K7LB KC6AWX KA5TQF

6O0N: VE7??
Callers: W6VM AB9H KA5TQF

6O0N: KC6AWX 5NN
Callers: several, but NOT KC6AWX!

6O0N: W9WI 5NN
Caller: K7LB
(I *did* complete the QSO successfully)

6O0N: KA5TQF 5NN
Callers: VE7AHA VE2FVD AA6W (but NOT KA5TQF!)

6O0N: WB??
Caller: AA6W

There are, of course, some patterns here. You can also rest assured the
stations mentioned weren't the only lids calling DX they apparently
can't copy. (I was listening in 500Hz bandwidth on the second receiver
so only heard about 1/4 of the pileup at any given time)

Yes, when the 6O came back to KC6AWX, and later when he came back to
KA5TQF, they didn't hear him... they were calling a DX station they
couldn't hear... I suppose that's probably not a surprise to the real
DXers on this forum... At least to TQF's credit, he did copy the 6O on
the third try...

Add to that the European station who decided to call CQ dead on top of
the 6O without bothering to ask whether the frequency was in use...
(but much to my pleasant surprise, nobody but the 6O told him to QSY...)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Ham stuff for sale: