Old February 1st 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Arie

Default editing 'helix' construct with 4nec2 graphical editor

Hello Frank and Dan,

red your discussions with interest. Some few answers:

The helix also appears with the axis normal to the edit page

Yes, you are correct. To get another orientation select XZ, YZ or XY
plane,
before creating the helix.

Have not figured out how to rotate it yet

Select all segments using Ctrl+A or select the required segments by
drawing
a rectangle around them and select 'Edit-Rotate/Move wires' on the
menu-bar.

Every once in a while the editor converts all my segments into wires. All of a
sudden the card file will jump from a few cards with segments to dozens of
cards with one segment

Hmmm, do not have an explanation for this yet. Did you change the
segmentation-
density between subsequent edit sessions ?

I wonder about the accuracy of the power calculations. They seem too high.

Please, let me know if you think you found an error. I would very much
like to
hear this,

Thanks for 'testing' and remarks,

Arie.