Old February 5th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default advice request please guys

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Rikk wrote:
taking into account I like to listen to the Radio Amatuers and Utility
stations as well as SW Broadcast bands
Thanks for your advice guys,,they are................

Sony ICF-SW77

This would be the better choice for listening to broadcasts. The
Sync detector makes a big difference. In the U.K. it may not, my experience
here in Israel is the European SWBC stations pin the S meter or don't
show up at all. The long periods of fading in and out that I heard in
the U.S. don't seem to exist here.

You're very close to Europe, so the ones you don't hear are probably
being beamed to South America or West Africa or something. Anything
beamed to Asia or Europe (there are a bunch of signals from Europe to
Europe) you likely get. Anything else, you don't.