Old February 8th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Radio Australia and New Zealand reception today

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

Currently 00:27 UTC Australia is best on 17715. 17795 and other
frequencies on lower bands are much weaker.

Interesting. On Saturday, 2/4, 17785 was good at 22:00 and 17795 was good
at 23:00. (They've moved Correspondent's Report/Innovations/Background
Briefing forward an hour for the Sunday/Saturday in N.Am. broadcast).

Have you checked out the new schedule. There's a number of programs that
they've dropped from the Pacific track and only broadcast to Asia, now.
They get a bunch of 15 minute programs (In Conversation, Ockham's Razor,
The Ark, Lingua Franca), and some of the more Austral-Centric discussion
programs (National Interest, Counterpoint), and Life Matters, whatever
it is. While we (for the Pacific transmissions) get the frothy chatter
shows (In the Loop, Breakfast Club). Time to hit their podcast page.
And the Science Show is now at 16:00 UTC on Sunday.

I'll have to take a look at the new schedule.

I really like their program where people call in and talk about current
events. The voice of the average Australian. Australia Talks Back.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California