Old February 6th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Radio Australia and New Zealand reception today

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC We regret we have a fault at the
transmitter. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

Well that explains the no reception on NZ. I will have to keep an
ear on there channel to see when they return. Reception on 15720
has been weak of late and I though it was was just a propagation
problem. Thanks for the tip.

Not sure when they got their problem fixed but they are currently
audible here at 1600 on 9870.

I listened for a while yesterday on 17675 from 22:36 UTC onward for a
few hours and never heard them. Checking back on 15720 I kept seeing a
carrier go on and off with no audio so I don't know if that was them or
not working on the transmitter.

I also heard them this morning on 9870 and they sounded OK.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 8th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

21:00 to 21:30 UTC I'm not getting NZ on 15720 KHz at all.

From the RNZI site:

05 Feb, 2006 19:34 UTC
We regret we have a fault at the transmitter. Normal service will be resumed
as
soon as possible.

http://www.rnzi.com/index.php

They were supposed to switch over to 17675 KHz at 22:36 UTC but I don't
hear them there. However I have seen a carrier coming up and down on
15720 several times since that switchover time.

Up here in Seattle, Wednesday at 01:38 UTC, RNZI is an adequate S2
on 17675, R. Aus on 17795 is a pretty good S5.

Mark Zenier