Old February 8th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Wes Stewart

Default 3Y0X

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:17:45 GMT, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote:

Wes Stewart wrote:
High line noise here but worked him fairly easily on 20 meters.

Congrats!

Likewise.

Likewise here (except no line noise!) on 17 CW.

Much to my surprise, the lids weren't out either. A brief burst of
someone asking three times whether the 3Y transmit frequency was in use
(and being answered "YES!!!" each time by half the planet) but that was
about it. Almost nobody calling out of turn. Pretty amazing.
Difference between this and the pile on the 6O last week? No idea.
Just because it was 17m? Doesn't seem likely but you never know...

I was having a tough time hearing him through the noise but things
seemed to be rather controlled on 20 also. The op seemed to take a
break (maybe he announced it but I didn't hear it) for a few minutes
and the calling stopped.

I waited and when he (or another op) returned, I got him on about the
fourth or fifth call. The noise had also dropped a bit which helped.

Needed for alltime new one here. Will try to catch them for additional
band-countries (and hopefully on RTTY at some point) but won't be
beating my head against the wall to do it.

Same here. Would like him on 80 mainly cuz I need some more countries
on 80, but the prop forecasts say it ain't going to happen.

Signal seems MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the last Peter I expedition.

Couldn't say, I wasn't on then, nor for any of the Heard expeditions
. May never get that one.