Old February 11th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

Default Sheraton Hotel Security frequencies

On 11 Feb 2006 10:11:35 -0800, wrote:

Thanks for all the info. Did I mention I was a total newbie? Because
here is my follow up question:

I found this info on the net about this hotel:

---
461.15000 466.15000 WPSH615 RM 346 DPL Sheraton Miami Mart
Hotel - Housekeeping FM
---

What does that mean? Which frequency are they using, 461.15000 or
466.15000 or both?

The portables transmit on 466.15 and listen on 461.15. The repeater
(probably up on one of the enclosures on the roof) listens on 466.15
and retransmits (in real time) on 461.15. It's called a repeater. If
you listen on 461.15, you should hear everything.

Also, what is the "RM" type?

Repeater.

Lastly, what is "tone" of 346 DPL?!

If you have a scanner capable of decoding digital PL, and you set it
to 346, you won't hear anything else that may be using that frequency.
Otherwise ignore it.

My PRO-97 has the following modes: AM, FM, CT/CTCSS, DC/DCS, ED/EDACS,
MO/MOTOROLA, and LT/LTR but no "RM" or "DPL" modes. I am very confused
and hence *my* mode is "SOS" :-(

So you *can* set it for a DPL (or DCS - Digital Coded Squelch; DPL is
Digital Private Line, which is a misnomer, since "Private Line" is
Motorola's name for CTCSS) of 346. It probably won't make any
difference whether you do or not - unless there's someone else nearby
using the same frequency, in which case you'll hear only the hotel.
The mode you want is plain old FM.