Old February 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rikk

Default Icom R72 update

Hi all, thanks for your help and advice regarding my questions about the
Icom R72.
Anyway, I went ahead and bought it, not tried it out yet , but will give it
a test drive today.
I bought it off a local auction in the town where I live, it was a house
clearance, and I liked the look of it, It is in near mint condition, no
marks on it anywhere. It is in its original box and has the manual and all
paperwork.
They started the bidding out at £25.00p ($45.00-USD)
I put the bid in at £25.00p but nobody else was bidding, so it went as
reserve not met item not sold. I had a word with the seller and she said the
reserve was £85.00p ($148.00-USD
So I bought it at that, £85.00p
Looking at the radio, I think I have had a good deal at that price, but as I
am very new to sw-radio, time shall tell. It certainly looks impressive, all
I got to do now is read the manual to see how the hell I work the thing
thanks for comments and advice
best regards
Rikk
London