Old February 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rikk

Default Icom R72 update

Hi all, thanks for your help and advice regarding my questions about the
Icom R72.
Anyway, I went ahead and bought it, not tried it out yet , but will give it
a test drive today.
I bought it off a local auction in the town where I live, it was a house
clearance, and I liked the look of it, It is in near mint condition, no
marks on it anywhere. It is in its original box and has the manual and all
paperwork.
They started the bidding out at £25.00p ($45.00-USD)
I put the bid in at £25.00p but nobody else was bidding, so it went as
reserve not met item not sold. I had a word with the seller and she said the
reserve was £85.00p ($148.00-USD
So I bought it at that, £85.00p
Looking at the radio, I think I have had a good deal at that price, but as I
am very new to sw-radio, time shall tell. It certainly looks impressive, all
I got to do now is read the manual to see how the hell I work the thing
thanks for comments and advice
best regards
Rikk
London
UK

Old February 12th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rikk - you got a hell of a deal assuming it works OK. They go for
about $300 minimum on Ebay.

Frank
K3YAZ

Old February 12th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rikk

Hi Frank, thanks, it all appears to be working perfectly
I am very pleased with it
thanks
Rikk

oups.com...

Old February 12th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Rikk wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on a great deal!

At an estate auction there were several unadvertised pieces of amateur
radio equipment. I got a working National HRO500 for $25.00 but passed
on a Kenwood TS840 that someone else got for $50.00

Old February 12th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
stargatesg1

My best estate sale find has been the following....

Cushman CE50-1-TG service monitor
Supertech De-soldering rework station
IFR 1000S service monitor
Icom 706MK2G
Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark 5
Yaesu FT-480R
Several power supplies
2 Bird wattmeters with various elements
Huntron Tracker 2000 Semiconductor tester
2 Large dummy loads
More test equipment and radio's that are stored away for future use/sell
when I decide what I want to set up. (about 8 of the 33 gallon Rubbermaid
tubs)
Lots, and Lots of other amateur and 2-way radio's
Basically 3 vanloads of nice stuff all for $800.00

The family just wanted the stuff gone and didn't have any way to store or
wait to sell for right prices

I tried to talk them into waiting but they said first money gets it

At least I have a respectable station again since my divorce.

RoD

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

ICOM UPDATE 8-28-05 W9CAR Boatanchors 0 August 28th 05 01:30 PM
ICOM SALE UPDATE W9CAR Equipment 0 August 27th 05 06:55 PM
ICOM SALE UPDATE W9CAR General 0 August 27th 05 06:55 PM
Useful Icom IC-R75 [R-75] Links for Facts and Information about the Icom IC-R75 [R-75] RHF Shortwave 1 January 3rd 05 08:56 AM
Last Day For Secret Icom Sale R-75 $425 Lucky Swap 0 October 16th 04 10:45 AM