Old September 25th 03, 06:19 PM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:32:54 -0500, "Crazy George"
wrote:

Roy:

You will find that a yellow Prestone anti-freeze bottle will last at least 5
years, and likely 10. We get plenty of UV here in S. Texas, and I have
found them to have the highest survivability of any plastic except Lexan.
My 160 meter tuner is in one, as I didn't want to use a small coil or a
large metallic enclosure. I use 2, cut the top off of one and invert it,
and then use the inverted bottom from another as a press fit closure. No
fasteners needed, although I usually put a couple 6-32 screws through the
resulting double flange for good measure. The old red bottles were equally
as good, but now hard to find.

We have to make sure the things are well sealed here in southern
Michigan or they get filled with Yellow Jackets.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

And for Ken, the best way to seal the end of that psuedo air line is some of
the shrink tubing with the filler adhesive inside. Then point the sealed
end DOWN.