Old February 14th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

Default Kenwood TS-480sat Antenna Tuner Query

"Dom1127" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am looking at purchasing one of these radio. I would like to use it
in the car and I am wondering what the lowest frequency I can tune into
on a mobile antenna. I wouldn't want to go to much bigger than a 7-9
foot whip.

Also, is there any radio which will tune below 7mhz on a 7-9ft (or
smaller) whip? I know Codan make an antenna tuner that will do it.

Thanks, Dom

Use a screwdriver antenna with a Turbo-Tuner...then you can use the 'HX
instead of the 'SAT. That extra 100 watts comes in real handy especially in
the mobile. Talk to the folks at Tarheel antennas.... they did right by me.

73
-n6ojn