Old September 1st 03, 07:36 PM
Walter

Rick,

Thanks for the input, I have been to the big island, twice. Once in
1972, and once in 1978. I would love to go back sometime, but need to
talk my wife into it.

Anyway, it also sounds like you have a lot of real estate. I have a
pretty big back yard. That is almost made for a sky-wire loop.

Here is photo from last year, you can see that I have trees boarding
it all the way around. (the house is behind me when I took the photo)
The dipole is currently hooked to the tall maple in the back on the
left had side of this photo, running back to the house and another
maple tree of equal size in the front yard. There are large trees on
the right hand side of the property just out of view of this photo in
which I could run a few extra supports.

http://www.altonillinois.com/newhouse/backyard6.jpg

when I bought this house last year, I kind of lucked out. I got a
place that is only a half a mile or so from the highest elevation in
the county (keep in mind this is Illinois), and I'm only 50 feet or so
below that (580 feet)

I am leaning towards putting one up. It doesn't sound like it would
take much more work.

How is your feed line grounded?

Thanks.