Old February 22nd 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nathan Bates

Default Borg Johnson

Just received a new Borg Johnson HS-912R radio this afteroon that I won
off ebay last week ($9.95 Delivered). Havent got to play with it much
yet but Radio Netherlands booms in loud! Great gobs of Spanish speaking
stations, a great many Asian stations, Cuba of course, and what sounded
like some German and French speakers. VOA is there, naturally. Seems
like it does good for a cheap radio, especially considering Im on the
bottom floor of a 2 story apartment complex of 8 big brick buildings. I
can barely pick up TV in here with rabbit ears from Nashville (TN) 50
miles away. So, as a casual listener, Im quite happy with it. We like to
sit outside at night in warm weather, and I think it will do even better
then. Seems this will be a good little knock around radio to take
camping, etc.. Runs on 2 D cells, so batteries will last practically
forever, I imagine.
Im looking to get a Kaito 1103, but had to delay that a bit as I just
bought a (used) boat and have to get that all set up. Beyond that, Im
looking at the Emerson MBR-1 as well.
Just wondering if anyone else in here has tried these little Borg
Johnson radios?
Thanks,
Nathan