Old February 25th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Robert11

Default 50 Or 75 Ohm Coax For Receive Only Application ?

Hello:

Will be putting up a new HF atnenna for Receive-Only, to be used from 30 MHz
on down

Trying to decide on a coax type for the radio to antenna run, about 150
feet.

As some will be buried in soil, want to have a PE jacket.

It appears that when factoring in the PE requirement, and certainly price, I
can
do better, apparently, by picking a 75 ohm coax than a 50 ohm one.

My receivers input is, of course, stamped 50 ohm.

In a practical sense, do you experts believe I would see any difference
between
50 or 75 ohm coax for a receive only situation at the 30 MHz and lower
listening freq's (150 foot coax run) ?

Thanks,
Bob