Old February 27th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Jim Leder

Default Kenwood TM-G707A cable

I recently bought a new Kenwood TM-G707A dual band radio for the car, and
found the free Kenwood memory program. I already have the Yaesu ADMS
software and cable for my old FT-50R and I also have the ICOM programming
cable for my IC-F420 440 radio. I really don't want to buy another cable if
one of these cables will work with the Kenwood. So, two questions:
1) Will either of these cables work with the Kenwood (is the electronics in
the DB-9 compatible)?
2) If so, the Kenwood uses an 8 pin DIN connector. Both the Yaesu and the
Icom only use 2 wires, one for data and the other for ground with
appropriate adapters. I assume the Kenwood is the same. If either of these
cables will work, does anyone know the pinout on the DIN connector so that I
can fashion an adapter? Any info on the net that addresses this? I found
lots of info on ICOM/Yaesu, but none regarding ICOM/YAESU to Kenwood.

Thanks...