Old March 4th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

Default My Policy proposal. I like this one.

"Koikus" wrote in
ups.com:

Like yourself possibly, I am also from the "old school" of thought
regarding amateur licensing. Way back when the FCC decided to lower the
requirements for minimal CW copy, my first thought was something like
"what a bunch of weak-weenies..." Come on, we don't need another
Citizen's Band on HF. I have an old friend that is mentally retarded,
and he could pass the 5 wpm morse test with no problem...his IQ is apx
80. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things, none of this even matters.
Just had to post a short comment about this subject. Thank you for
posting yours.

It's funny. Most here do not think a license is something worth having if
you have to work a little to have it.

Lucky them. They got the ARRL on their side.