Old March 6th 06, 12:02 AM
Junius Junius is offline
Senior Member

I prefer the performance of the 7600G. I generally prefered running a length of wire to improve the sensitivity of the '909, whereas I didn't always find this to be required for the 7600G. I tended to run both off of batteries, rather than off AC. The '909 is something of a battery hog, whereas the 7600G is not. As for selectivity, while I liked having two bandwidths w/the '909, the 7600G's synchronous selectable sideband can be a real life-saver in dealing w/adjacent channel interference (as well as fading). Given a choice between either dual bandwidth filters or synchronous selectable sideband (in conjunction w/one well chosen bandwidth filter) in a compact portable, I guess I'd go (as I have) with the latter. Sold the '909 and haven't regretted having done so.
Into blinding darkness enter those who worship ignorance; and those who delight in knowledge enter into still greater darkness, as it were.
-- Isavasya Upanishad