Old March 6th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default sangean ats909 versus sony 7600g

In article ,
Junius wrote:

I prefer the performance of the 7600G. I generally prefered running
a length of wire to improve the sensitivity of the '909, whereas I
didn't always find this to be required for the 7600G. I tended to
run both off of batteries, rather than off AC. The '909 is something
of a battery hog, whereas the 7600G is not. As for selectivity,
while I liked having two bandwidths w/the '909, the 7600G's
synchronous selectable sideband can be a real life-saver in dealing
w/adjacent channel interference (as well as fading). Given a choice
between either dual bandwidth filters or synchronous selectable
sideband (in conjunction w/one well chosen bandwidth filter) in a
compact portable, I guess I'd go (as I have) with the latter. Sold
the '909 and haven't regretted having done so.

The batteries seem to last well for me also. I attribute some of this
longevity to the fact that I use earphones a lot and they don't take as
much power to drive as the built in speaker.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California