Old March 6th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
chevyorange

Default Cuba nice and loud

m II wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada
It is a very strong signal in the mid-atlantic states - so much so that
the antenna need not be extended on the Degen DE1103.

They are strong on the west coast also.

I wonder how many stations they have and what power they are using. It
must be tough since Russian stopped the commie welfare cheques.

China seems to have an over abundance of Shortwave facilities now, but
then they have more money than they know what to do with. Fascism is
profitable.

mike

The funny thing also, at least to my ears, is that Voice of Russia
stopped broadcasting in addition to sending aid to Cuba... they have
gone from being pretty prevalent here in the Northwest to rarely heard.