Old March 2nd 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Default Cuba nice and loud

6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada
Old March 2nd 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article CivNf.10089$dg.3911@clgrps13, m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada

Also on 9550 at the same time.
10 feet of wire, north south
FR-200
Seattle.

(Same old stuff, but it was the only English signal I could get in that
band then). ;-)

Mark Zenier

Old March 4th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Storey

"m II" wrote in message
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada

Received this for the first time on 6000 khz.
approx 01:20 GMT
English

I'm located near London, England.

M.

Old March 5th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill

6000 khz
01:20 GMT
English
50 inch whip
Sony 320
Ottawa Ontario
Canada

Old March 5th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Michael Storey wrote:

I'm located near London, England.

Between the island tilting and the ocean rising, you should have no
problems getting a good earth connection for the radio!

mike

Old March 5th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada

It is a very strong signal in the mid-atlantic states - so much so that
the antenna need not be extended on the Degen DE1103.

Old March 6th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada

It is a very strong signal in the mid-atlantic states - so much so that
the antenna need not be extended on the Degen DE1103.

They are strong on the west coast also.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 6th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada

It is a very strong signal in the mid-atlantic states - so much so that
the antenna need not be extended on the Degen DE1103.

They are strong on the west coast also.

I wonder how many stations they have and what power they are using. It
must be tough since Russian stopped the commie welfare cheques.

China seems to have an over abundance of Shortwave facilities now, but
then they have more money than they know what to do with. Fascism is
profitable.

mike
Old March 6th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
chevyorange

m II wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
6000 khz
05:20 GMT
English

100 ft long wire, north south orientation
Kenwood R600

Calgary Alberta
Canada
It is a very strong signal in the mid-atlantic states - so much so that
the antenna need not be extended on the Degen DE1103.

They are strong on the west coast also.

I wonder how many stations they have and what power they are using. It
must be tough since Russian stopped the commie welfare cheques.

China seems to have an over abundance of Shortwave facilities now, but
then they have more money than they know what to do with. Fascism is
profitable.

mike

The funny thing also, at least to my ears, is that Voice of Russia
stopped broadcasting in addition to sending aid to Cuba... they have
gone from being pretty prevalent here in the Northwest to rarely heard.

Old March 6th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

chevyorange wrote:
m II wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
[...]

FWIW, here's the schedule to North America from the VOR website. It's
a shadow of it's former self.

http://www.vor.ru/Eng_N_A.htm

And there is the less challenging way with Real Audio.
http://www.vor.ru/wrn.html

I haven't listened in for quite a while, but in the 1980's and early
1990's some of their programming was pretty decent as I remember, as is
Radio Cuba. I remember listening to Radio Bulgaria once and thinking
this is a throwback to the early days of the cold war!