Old March 7th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

Default ferrite balun grades

"Mike Newman" wrote in message
Any advice on which grade of ferrite would be most useful for a
feeedline balun choke effective at 70 cm?
Thanks de miken zl1bnb

Hi Miken

I've been using the tubular, high permeability ferrites designed for RFI
suppression slipped over the RG-223 coax for a balun for vhf antennas. I am
aware of the high loss with those ferrite tubes. I have been hoping the
high permeability would present a high reactance to currents along the
outside of the coax. So far, the tubes are working OK for my needs.
Your mileage may vary.

Jerry