Old March 9th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser

Default WGN joinsssss the dark ssssside

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
. ..
No, the IBOC stuff sounds like
ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh. This occurs

on
the channel directly above and directly below the culprit broadcaster. If
you are close to the station, the interference takes up another half

channel
in each direction. What a mess! I hope those stations go out of business,
but of course, that is only wishful thinking.

Pete

Right now, IBOC-AM is supposed to be limited to the daytime hours, although
I seem to remember one of the stations in the early days of IBOC was
transmitting IBOC well into the evening. It might have been WCKY. Anyway,
that's the first time I heard that damn IBOC noise.

wrote in message
I just now tuned in WGN 720 on my radio AM dial.They are talking sports
right now and I hear a buzzy staticky background noise.Is that the iboc
stuff I am hearing? If so,it sure is messed up BAD!
cuhulin

You can find IBOC stations he

http://ibiquity.com/hdradio/hdradio_hdstations.htm

Frank Dresser