Old March 11th 06, 09:17 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.misc
CLFE

Default Armature radio's threat from within

"Jack VK2CJC/MM0AXL" wrote in message
This almost constant badmouthing of foundation licencees WITHOUT trying
to educate them is idiotic and demonstrates the true character of the
people doing the badmouthing. Perhaps if these same people were to put
the same amount of effort into helping educate the newcomers we'd all
be a lot better off.

Nicely put.

In my experience, the very infrequent cases of abuse and **** fights on
amateur bands are more often caused by those who have been licensed for
many many years. They may involve a newcomer, who will undoubtable get the
blame regardless. This was happening when I first took an interest in
amateur radio 25 years ago, and its still the same now.
--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL

I can't speak for the Aussie's, but from what "I" seem to hear on the bands
in the U.S. - it isn't so much the newcomers doing the poor operating, it is
those who've been in it a while - Extra class at that.

clf