Old March 17th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,uk.radio.amateur,sci.geo.satellite-nav
From the shack of G1LVN

Default Q Codes For Dx, Azimuth

wrote in message
oups.com...
The Q code for one's Lat/Long is QTH (is QTF the other set of
Lat/Long?), and for grid square is QRA.

nope QTH is town/city

QRA is locator

For dx (between QTH and QTF?), there appear to be two possibilities:
QRB and QGE.
Is QRB supposed to be the spherical dx, while QGE is the (ellipsoidal)
geodetic dx?
Or are they pretty much interchangeable?

no-one uses those

Likewise, the codes for azimuth (both obverse and reverse) aren't
clear.
QTI is supposed to be the obverse course/track and QTL, the heading:
So which would be considered *the* azimuth/bearing?
The reverse azimuth/bearing unanimously appears to be QTE, right?

You are Airy _BEAN and I claim my five pounds!!!!!

drei unt siebzig de M0WWS
http://www.g1lvn.org.uk
"Radio has no future." - Royal Society president Lord Kelvin, 1897.