Old March 18th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
nitespark

Default STANDARD C5718DA HELP!

Bob wrote:
I'm looking for the microphone extension for the STANDARD C5718DA mobile
dual band radio. This is the model with the display and all the controls in
the microphone.

What I need is the extension cable so I can mount the radio in the trunk.

The cables I need are (any will do):

CAW571
CAW572
CAW578

I would even settle for the CAW570, which is a microphone "y-adapter" cable
which allows you to hook 2 microphones to this radio. I could use those
connectors and make my own extension cable.

BTW, does anyone know what type of connectors that STANDARD used? It is
not the common 8-pin microphone connector.

Thank you!

martyd{AT}comcast{DOT}net

You may try contacting Matt Adrian at . He still repairs
Standards.

I do not know about the C5718A, but I have 3 C5900's and the mike
connector on them is a garden variety RJ45 modular connector.

Andy
WD4KDN