Old March 18th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bob

Default STANDARD C5718DA HELP!

I'm looking for the microphone extension for the STANDARD C5718DA mobile
dual band radio. This is the model with the display and all the controls in
the microphone.

What I need is the extension cable so I can mount the radio in the trunk.

The cables I need are (any will do):

CAW571
CAW572
CAW578

I would even settle for the CAW570, which is a microphone "y-adapter" cable
which allows you to hook 2 microphones to this radio. I could use those
connectors and make my own extension cable.

BTW, does anyone know what type of connectors that STANDARD used? It is
not the common 8-pin microphone connector.

Thank you!

martyd{AT}comcast{DOT}net

Old March 18th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
nitespark

Bob wrote:
I'm looking for the microphone extension for the STANDARD C5718DA mobile
dual band radio. This is the model with the display and all the controls in
the microphone.

What I need is the extension cable so I can mount the radio in the trunk.

The cables I need are (any will do):

CAW571
CAW572
CAW578

I would even settle for the CAW570, which is a microphone "y-adapter" cable
which allows you to hook 2 microphones to this radio. I could use those
connectors and make my own extension cable.

BTW, does anyone know what type of connectors that STANDARD used? It is
not the common 8-pin microphone connector.

Thank you!

martyd{AT}comcast{DOT}net

You may try contacting Matt Adrian at . He still repairs
Standards.

I do not know about the C5718A, but I have 3 C5900's and the mike
connector on them is a garden variety RJ45 modular connector.

Andy
WD4KDN

FS: Standard hand-helds muddy Swap 0 November 21st 05 02:35 AM
FS: Vertex Standard VXA-210 Pilot, airband handheld transciever Aspen37 Equipment 0 June 12th 05 02:49 PM
FS: Vertex Standard VXA-210 Pilot, airband handheld transciever Aspen37 Swap 0 June 12th 05 02:49 PM
FS: Standard UHF (450 - 470 mhz) radio VHFRadioBuff Swap 1 December 12th 03 11:16 PM
Standard Radio Corporation Richard Shortwave 4 December 1st 03 04:46 PM