Old March 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ken Bessler

Default Looking for the right connector

I'm installing 802.11b/g in my IBM ThinkPad T23. I've done quite
a bit of research and got a 250mw WiFi internal (mini PCI) card,
2 micro coax (1.37mm OD) antenna leads and I'm building two
antennas but I'm stumped on how to connect the antennas to the
laptop.

Ideally the connectors should be inline, like a headphone extension
cable. The connectors will be secured to the rear of the LCD display
in a way so that they point up when the display is open yet the antennas
can be removed when I close the screen.

Should I just use the 2 leftover Elecraft BNC chassis mounts I have?
Anyone have a better (smaller) choice? What about RCA or 3/32"
headphone plugs? Would they present too much of an impedance
bump at 5.1ghz?

--
73's de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17io,