Old March 24th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

Default Good news if you ship via UPS and........

Martin Potter wrote:

Roger D Johnson ) writes:

I keep running across folks using the term "cinder block" when they
mean "concrete block". I vaguely remember cinder blocks and wonder
how many others have actually seen a real one.

As I recall, cinder blocks were black or very dark grey. And I don't
think they were as strong as concrete blocks.

... Martin VE3OAT

They had a tendency to explode if you put too much weight on them. I
put a half cinder block under a bumper jack to lift the corner of a '66
GTO and it threw shrapnel over 20 feet when it let go.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida