Old April 6th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

On 5 Apr 2006 21:05:43 -0700, "K7ITM" wrote:

Do you disagree that resonance of a monopole over a ground plane is for
a length somewhat shorter than c/(4*f(resonance))? If you do, then
let's have a discussion about THAT.

Hi Tom,

Do I disagree? Now, there's a classic line that too frequently
litters these threads.

I've offered many antennas that are spectacularly (considering their
commercial application) shorter than quarterwave (the same size, and
longer too). These shorter antennas easily embody your comment above.
Now what is the THAT that seems to bear discussing that I haven't
already covered twice? Three times is not a charm.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC